We have gotten a lot of questions about how we manage our jobs as well as a blog, and to be honest it is not easy! We have found some methods that work for us and some that don’t. So we are sharing our top 5 favorite tips.
When we first got into blogging, we admit that we really didn’t think it was this much work, but it is! We are so happy to see our growth over this last year and a half, but with more growth comes more responsibility. There are so many things that we want to do still and want to change. Unfortunately there are only so many hours in the day and we really try our best to create the best content for our followers.
- SHOOT AS MANY OUTFITS AS POSSIBLE IN A DAY. Since we both work full time there is really no time for us to shoot outfits during the week. Occasionally we will try to get together before work, but that doesn’t work. We are both NOT morning people, so when only do this when things are a rush. On weekends we usually go to our favorites places around town, but when it is warmer out we love to explore and find new places. We also change our outfits in the car, haha nothing too glamorous about that. Another thing we do it try to keep our bottoms the same so that we can just change our top. It has been freezing out so some weeks you will see us in similar outfits just with different tops.
- PREPARE YOUR POSTS AHEAD OF TIME. Since we are on Liketoknow.it we like to schedule our captions on there and then save them to drafts or schedule them for that specific day. If we schedule them we get a pop-up on our phone and just have to paste the caption on Instagram and press post. Super simple when it is a very busy week.
- SET A SCHEDULE. We plan out what we are posting that week and decide who will post when. Also, we have a schedule set for blog posts and we alternate who writes them every other week. Right now we are trying to post more, but it is so hard so bear with us! Usually we talk on the phone at night and go over things. Sometimes when it is not to busy at work we are able to talk about it at lunch. We try to skip one day a week on Instagram as well just so that we can have a life of our own. Which leads us to our next point.
- DONT GET CAUGHT UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA. In this day and age it is hard not to get caught up on social media but don’t go looking at others account and get caught up on what they are doing and you aren’t. We have done this plenty of times which leads to very late nights and our work not getting done. Try to get everything done before you go through your social channels. We always try to comment back to everyone who comments on our posts. Just make sure you stay true to yourself and your blog.
- STAY ORGANIZED AND REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN! Don’t let blogging stress you out. It is supposed to be something that you love and something that is fun for you. Get excited every time a brand wants to work with you, it means you are doing something right and people are noticing. When a brand wants to work with you remember to write down their terms somewhere. I have it in my notes on my phone. That way I can check back quickly to see when we are support to post what. With time we would love to become bloggers full-time. But for now we will continue to work hard toward are dreams.
Feel free to comment or email us with any questions, we love when we are able to help others!