Well the Holidays have come and gone and with that we have definitely eaten way too much and still might . be eating all the leftover cookies on the counter. With the New Year just a few days away, it is time for us to properly detox and get back on track after a long month of eating unhealthy.
Here are some of the steps to help you get on track and some foods that help you de-bloat!
- Get rid of unhealthy food.
- This one is an obvious one. In order to get back into the groove you must remove most of the unhealthy foods in your house so that you are not tempted by anything. I am not saying to remove everything because believe me we need our sweet too every now and again – but if you have excessive amounts get rid of it and donate it to a near by shelter.
- Start everyday with a physical activity
- This could be something small like walking around the block or something big like a full-blown workout every morning. If you have a pet its easier – take them for a long walk every morning. They will love you for it and your body will love you even more for it. Start small and gradually start to increase your activity.
- Eat breakfast every morning
- This might sound stupid but it really is so important. Your body can digest everything you eat in the morning so eat a big meal here. If you eat a big meal at night it is going to sit in your stomach. Or do as I always said and eat 5 small meals throughout the day so you don’t over indulge for one meal.
- Get a great sleep
- Not getting the proper sleep and going to bed late could mess with your eating habits so put your phone down at night (I am the worst at this) and focus on your body and mind.
- Stay around like minded individuals
- Staying around people who will motivate you is always better for you and will only help you in the long run. If the people you are around are not on board it will be harder to stick to it.
Foods to try:
Some great options to help you de-bloat after eating too much are: lemon water, oatmeal, soups, yogurt with honey, protein drinks, peanut butter, salad, chocolate tea (Yes!) + many more!